Driveway Repair - Houston Area

1,370 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AgTech88
civilized05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need a recommendation for a company in the houston/pearland area who can repair/replace a caliche driveway.

My parent's driveway was never really properly built and thus gets rutted pretty regularly. My dad will usually have some joe blow come out and dump/spread some cheap crap only for it to be rutted shortly after the next few rains.

I'd like to scrape off the top few inches, flatten and roll it (if necessary), lay down some geo fabric and cover with about 4-6" of good material. At about a 300' driveway, what can I expect for cost? He'd love to concrete the whole thing, but that's a little more costly than he's looking to get into.

TIA!
AgTech88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You may need to do more than just scrape a few inches. Recurring pot hole or ruts usually indicate the sub grade has failed. After you scrape the top look for soft/wet spots. Anything wet you need to muck out and replace or stabilize with some lime or Portland cement. Having a tight sub grade is the foundation and if you don't fix it you will always have issues. Spend more time and $$ there before you resurface. BTW the Geotech fabric is a great idea most folks overlook - cheap insurance.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.