How much to pay the painters

1,936 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by planoaggie123
AggieDruggist89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What is a reasonable labor charge to paint the interior of 2000 Sq ft 3 bd 2 bath house excluding the ceiling. 9ft thoughout.

Thanks.
AggieDruggist89
AG
I'm buying all the paint.
Cadet05
AG
I've had success with $100 a gallon. I'm guessing around 15-20 gallons for a 2000SF home. Houston area.
Bonfire1996
AG
Between $200-$250 per room. Let them buy the paint and pass through to you with receipt. Their price is better than yours.
shihitemuslim
AG
Depends on what they are doing. Are they sanding the walls. Doing the sidings?
Whoop Delecto
AG
AggieDruggist89
AG
Thanks,

It's a brand new house and it is painted just plain white. We are closing and Im moving in next week and the big move with the family will be in late December.

I went to the house yesterday and there were 3 guys doing the final touch up paint.

Had to use a translator to communicate with them and they were very willing to take on the job of painting the whole house.

The lead fella was a bit skittish about giving me the quote. Instead he asks "Amigo cuanto tienes de presupuesto por tu casa?" What is my budget?

So the ball is in my court. $500, $1000, $1250, $2000???
Mom Class of '03,'05 and '09
S
We got a bid of $7000 painting 3/2, dining room, kitchen, breakfast area and utility room...thats walls and trim and prep(sanding, then cleaning cabinets to refinish but they aren't re staining them)of all cabinets....they provide paint. Waco and about a month ago for area reference
planoaggie123
AG
We are about $9K. 4.2K home. Every inch of home including closets etc being painted. Includes several rooms with wallpaper being removed; patching several holes; removing in wall 90s radio/intercom; etc. We had one bid slightly less and one bid about 1.5K more. The fun starts in about 1.5 weeks.

I will be doing our garage on my own.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.