Dishwasher Help - Oetiker Clamp

1,486 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by harge57
harge57
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My dishwasher decided to spray a ton of water all over the floor. I pulled everything out and it looks like the circulation pump just became disconnected. It was connected with a 33.1 mm oetiker clamp. This is my first experience with these clamps. I was able to get it off, but I could not find the same oetiker clamp at any of the big box stores. I tried to put it back on with a worm clamp, but the clamp is too wide for the slot on the hose. I was afraid to over tighten it and ruin the hose, and it did not hold. I have ordered the replacement clamps and clamping tool from amazon, and it should be here tomorrow.

My questions:
1. Could something be causing this to come off, or should simply reconnecting likely fix the problem?
2. Any tips or tricks on using these ear/oetiker clamps? It seems there are PEX versions, which I don't think these are the PEX versions/sizes. I am afraid of damaging the hose or the plastic connection port.

ABATTBQ11
AG
Try online. You'd have to order it, but it can probably wait. Find your dishwasher make and model and you can likely find a parts list. After that its a matter of searching the part number in online stores.
chickencoupe16
AG
No answers to your questions, but if you want to try to find a worm gear clamp that is the right size, check out mcmaster.com
harge57
AG
Getting the right clamps off of amazon seems to be the ticket! 2 loads run with no issues.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.