Home alarm issue

1,098 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Milwaukees Best Light
Milwaukees Best Light
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Honeywell keypad started reading Opn Ckt on Saturday morning. It is not responsive to touch. I took the cover off and the wiring to the back appears to be fine.

Back story - comcast came out about 14 days ago. Their touch pad died, so dude gave us a new one and set it up. He also messedwith our internet strength or something. 7 days ago I replaced the battery in the motion detector. No issues for 5 days, then the honeywell keypad started beeping every five seconds and reading Opn Ckt. Online articles suggest I check the wiring. I have never opened the master panel in the closet.

Does comcast service the keypad, or is that my responsibility? If it is my responsibility, which I think it is, any idea what I need to do? Replacement keypads aren't too expensive. We don't even use the thing very much anymore.
leathal02
AG
Either the green/yellow or green/white wires were cut or the keypad went bad. I would check continuity of the data wires to see. If it worked before he was there common sense says something was tampered with, but it's obviously possible the keypad went bad.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I pulled the power supply to the keypad, then put it back. Pretty sure the keypad is toast. Going to call comcast.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.