Home Gym Flooring

1,374 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by javajaws
johnson2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone ever put in rubber tile or the like in their home gym? If so, what did you use and how to you like it? I'm also curious about the smell over time from the rubber itself.i expect it to smell like typical rubber floor, just curious how strong it stays. TIA
TwoMarksHand
AG
Not sure, but Matt from DemoRanch uses the ones you can get from Tractor Supply. He has them in a room in his house. So I guess it doesn't bother him much.
wcb
AG
TwoMarksHand said:

Not sure, but Matt from DemoRanch uses the ones you can get from Tractor Supply. He has them in a room in his house. So I guess it doesn't bother him much.
Did the same. They're a pain to move but great once installed.
Potcake
AG
I also have two horse stall mats. The only problem is that they shed tiny little plastic grains that have to be vacuumed occasionally.
CavitationAG
AG
I have some of the tile rubber mats that I use in my driveway for overhead lifts. In the garage I have heavier rectangles thrown together on half of my garage floor. I prefer the heavier mats to the tile type.
marmer
I laid laminate in the home gym, but I use yoga mats to do floor exercises.
javajaws
AG
I use stall mats in the garage - they did smell at first but I don't think they do anymore.

I'm looking into building an indoor workout area now though and have been looking into options. They have some thinner rubber that comes in a roll that seems popular. Would probably have to bulld a separate lift area with additional padding though (or a platform).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.