Cost for tall curtains in living room

1,661 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Noble07
Noble07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Anyone done something like this before? Quote the wife got is $6k. There's a lot of stuff other stuff we could do to our house for $6k. Before we bother to get it quoted by someone else, I'm wondering if that is the market rate.

evan_aggie
AG
I'll figure something out for $4,000. You'll be saving $2,000!

https://www.loftcurtains.com/products/custom-curtains

I entered 20' ft Drapes by 3' for a panel.
< $200 per panel
DartAg1970
AG
I did this in my house for like $500. Plenty of Etsy people who have different fabric to choose from and you tell them the length and they ship it then you go and buy the curtain rode at Bed Bath and Beyond and hang it yourself using an extension ladder.
Post removed:
by user
CEPhD
AG
The custom part is driving the price.
Josepi
AG
Find a lady in your area who makes drapes (My wife asked on Facebook and got a dozen recommendations). Have the lady come over and give you measurements. Go to a fabric store and buy whatever fabric you want. Take to the lady...wait a few weeks...hang drapes.

The cost variable will be the fabric. Depending on what you select, it could be a few hundred dollars or a few thousand.

Oh, and the rod can be expensive too. My wife got an acrylic curtain rod that was stupid expensive. The rings aren't especially cheap either.

There are plenty of people who will sew draperies in their home for very little. The cost will be the materials, and what you select.
evan_aggie
AG
Y'all confuse me. I just found a place that does drapes to order over 240" long 20' tall for less than $400 a window. And that was one of maybe 4-5 places listed on google.
Post removed:
by user
evan_aggie
AG
Possibly. Didn't see in the OP a fabric specified...

Simply said : is $6000 too much for long curtains? Well I guess not for gold laced silk.
Spore Ag
Just our style but we bought Indian Saris which are beautiful. A sari is normally 16 feet long but you can buy bolts by the meter.
Noble07
AG
The wife priced curtains with fabric she liked with one of the online retailers and the quote was $4200. So $6k for all of it must not be bad. I had no idea this stuff was this expensive. Looks like we will do something else.

I appreciate all of the responses!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.