Bosch dishwasher stinks

11,528 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Caesar4
marmer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Most likely you need to clean the washing machine. You can call the master, or try to do it yourself.
The Fife
histag10 said:

I would leave our bosch cracked open when possible to prevent the smell
Our Miele does that automatically at the end of a cycle and this does a great job at keeping any kind of smell away.
Smithjg
We bought a band new whirlpool last month and it stinks AFTER washing the dishes.
TXTransplant
Dr. Venkman said:

Does the drain line loop?

I put one of these in every month.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Affresh-Dishwasher-Cleaner-W10282479/202071928

I've been meaning to come back and update this thread. That loop (or lack thereof) appeared to be the problem.

I got under the sink and jiggered the line around (which was no easy feat because of the confined space and rigidity of the tube) to get a makeshift loop, and the odor has not been an issue since.

Of course, this leads me to wonder why the line wasn't installed correctly in the first place. But at least I was able to resolve the problem.

Thanks for the help!
Caesar4
AG
Years ago, we had a plumber install/connect a new dishwasher, disposal, sink, and faucet. He didn't even know that a loop was even needed for the dishwasher drain line connecting to the disposal.

I was sick with the flu at the time and had to come downstairs and tell him that the loop was needed.

His response: "I learned something today."
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.