Yellow substance on stained cedar pergola

1,380 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 1208HawkTree
1208HawkTree
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Noticed this yellowish "stuff" over the last couple of months in one corner of our pergola. Will not wash away with a garden hose and cannot be removed with a broom. Wood is 100% cedar (posts are 8"x8") that is covered with multiple coats of weatherproof semi-transparent stain. Still, there have been the occasional bees that have borrowed into the underside some of the joists, and a trellis that my wife has put nearby, but nothing excessive that I've noticed, and I'm out there almost every day. There is one hole about 5 feet away from where this substance has accumulated. I'm all about leaving bees alone, but if this is a sign of a real problem, I have no issue with killing them all quickly.

sleepybeagle
AG
Dog vomit Fungus?

(if you've never heard of it...it's a real thing)
sleepybeagle
1208HawkTree
AG
sleepybeagle said:

Dog vomit Fungus?

(if you've never heard of it...it's a real thing)

I know it's real, and I'm very familiar with it. Dont think that's it because it hasn't changed in appearance in weeks. How could it be that 10 feet off the ground on stained cedar that gets a ton of direct sunlight?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.