Treat grub worms and fungus at same time?

1,699 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by planoaggie123
planoaggie123
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
this past fall we got a fungus that took out our entire backyard and we just re-sodded it completely with a new type of grass (zoysia) about 1 month ago.

Now our front yard is looking bad and we definitely have grub worms but some concern from wife that it may have the same fungus as backyard.

Our lawn guy said you can't treat for both (grub and fungus) at same time. Is that true? Would the chemicals mix poorly and damage lawn further?

Thanks!!!
gvine07
AG
I would drop one down, probably the anti-fungus, then wait a couple days and drop the other down. Frankly you have nothing to lose.

I was thinking it's too early to treat grubs, but wow it's already mid May!
Cromagnum
AG
gvine07 said:

I would drop one down, probably the anti-fungus, then wait a couple days and drop the other down. Frankly you have nothing to lose.

I was thinking it's too early to treat grubs, but wow it's already mid May!

Gonna be a lot less grubs any day now as junebug season is upon us.
1997aggies
AG
What type of fertilizer do you use regularly? What is it's N-P-K content (nitrogen-phosphorus-potassium)? For example, if you are only using a fertilizer that has nitrogen and phosphorus, but has no potassium, then this will lead to fungus and disease issues! For example, I absolutely am a fan of organics such as Milorganite. But, if that is the ONLY fertilizer that you are using all season long, then you are making a mistake because it has zero potassium. You want to look at these ratios and make sure that you are feeding your lawn some potassium at least once, maybe twice a year.
planoaggie123
AG
thanks for the response!

An admitted issue is we are just trusting our lawn guys. They have done really well for years and years...however...they are in a transition where the son is taking over from dad and it seems quality and attention to detail (or much of anything) has dropped significantly. To that point, they (the lawn company) actually do the work for a fairly large and "well off" division in Plano where my in-laws use to live....we drove by this weekend when MIL was back in town....and all the greenspace was looking terrible (spotty grass, out of season flowers, etc) there too so they may be in jeopardy of losing a lot of business soon.

I am now trying to decide if i want to handle my own lawn or do I use a lawn treatment company and tell the lawn guys to just handle the cutting....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.