Best trimmer strings?

3,132 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by schmellba99
Broba Fett
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've got some yellow Shakespeare line from Home Depot thats about to go in the trash. I have to replace a full spool every time I cut as it disintegrates rapidly.

Looked up this vid and had to try some after listening in. Will report back after next weed whacking session.

evan_aggie
AG
I use Husqvarna Titanium Force line. No complaints.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
evan_aggie said:

This. .095. It lasts the longest in my echo trimmer over any other I've tried.
ftworthag02
AG
[url]https://www.oregonproducts.com/en/magnum-gatorline%E2%84%A2-supertwist%C2%AE%2c-095%22%2c3-lb/p/20-026[/url]

this is what my company uses. If you're going through a full head of trimmer line per mowing then you're either getting too close to the sidewalk/curb/edging or you're not edging/weedeating on a regular basis (weekly).
aTm2004
AG
Bought one of these last week for my Echo because I got tired of having to stop and reload 5+ times when I mow. Did a great job and cut my time down considerably.

Weed Warrior 14867B Push-N-Load 3 Blade Head https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008D69WC0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_FYYYCb34QX8JJ
Broba Fett
ftworthag02 said:

[url]https://www.oregonproducts.com/en/magnum-gatorline%E2%84%A2-supertwist%C2%AE%2c-095%22%2c3-lb/p/20-026[/url]

this is what my company uses. If you're going through a full head of trimmer line per mowing then you're either getting too close to the sidewalk/curb/edging or you're not edging/weedeating on a regular basis (weekly).

Nah. I have hardass red clay for soil and anytime my current line so much as knicks it, yellow plastic shrapnel flies everywhere.
jamesf
AG
I don't know if it's the same brand or not, but I have been using trimmer line that looks very similar to the video in the OP. It has performed much better than any other trimmer line I have used.
Bonfire97
AG
Check out this test on trimmer line:

This guy has some pretty cool other videos as well.
Cromagnum
AG
Got the ones similar to video in OP and can confirm the twisted line that looks like a twizzler wrecks shop on some nasty weeds on fence lines. I only had to bump it once or twice for the whole job when normally I'm bumping it every few feet. Looks like it only frays on the ends when it gets beat up.
1997aggies
AG
You need to splurge and buy a Stihl Trimmer. To go with it, you need to purchase a speed feed head by Echo. You can attach it to the Stihl trimmer. That my friend, is what the Pros do!
Old School Brother
Bought a small spool of the line in the OP's video and tried it yesterday on my Stihl trimmer. The stuff is great. Trimmed my whole acre lot and only had to bump it 2-3 times. Was dealing with some pretty thick weeds along the drainage ditch that runs down one side of my property. It's definitely more expensive than your typical walmart line, but seems like it might be worth it.
PlanoAg98
AG
I picked up some 0.155 Craftsman and it works great. It fits in my Echo week eater.
ForeverAg
AG
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0018TWCOO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the stuff I got, Its in the shape of a square. I have 0 issues with it and it holds up really really well. I bought this over a year ago.
ktownag08
AG
You guys just cost me about $50 as I bought the Echo speed head and line in OPs video (albeit smaller spool).
babyshark
Speed Feed rocks since last week when this board taught me I'd been using it wrong. Was about to throw the damn thing in the trash
jwoodmd
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

evan_aggie said:

This. .095. It lasts the longest in my echo trimmer over any other I've tried.
While I'd always like better, I've also found this to be in the upper performance end.
schmellba99
AG
I used to use line like in the OP - wasn't particularly impressed with it. Not sure what I have now, but it's yellow - Rhino Tuff maybe? and seems to last a lot longer in my EGO trimmer (eff gas trimmers!).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.