Bathtub Painter

1,514 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Lsprott
jrrhouston98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know of a good bathtub painter in Houston?

Thank you
ceenAg05
AG
We used Affordable Tub Refinishing to make our navy blue cast iron tub bright white. They are very responsive on Facebook. Haven't had it very long to know longevity, but it looks great.
jrrhouston98
AG
Thank you very much. I greatly appreciate it.
aggiemike02
AG
my parents just had this done in Kingwood. I'll get the contractor info.
Canyon99
Interested in seeing pictures of the finished product along with reviews on durability. I might be looking at a tub repaint in the near future.
jtraggie99
AG
I've mentioned this before on similar threads (I think), but I've seen first hand what this looks like if it doesn't hold up. My ex-wife bought a house a couple of years ago, where the previous owners had refinished the bathtub in my kids bathroom. Now, it's a giant mess. All of the paint or whatever they used is peeling off all over the place. It looks terrible. I have no idea if these people did it themselves or hired someone, but whatever it was, it obviously did not last. Of course it's much cheaper than a new tub and all that involves, but I am just saying it might not be a long-term solution.
Gary79Ag
AG
jtraggie99 said:

I've mentioned this before on similar threads (I think), but I've seen first hand what this looks like if it doesn't hold up. My ex-wife bought a house a couple of years ago, where the previous owners had refinished the bathtub in my kids bathroom. Now, it's a giant mess. All of the paint or whatever they used is peeling off all over the place. It looks terrible. I have no idea if these people did it themselves or hired someone, but whatever it was, it obviously did not last. Of course it's much cheaper than a new tub and all that involves, but I am just saying it might not be a long-term solution.
I've seen similiar cases as well...not good!
jt2hunt
AG
If it is prepped correctly, it will last for years. If not, will peel soon.
Gilligan
AG
had a rental done this week. super nice guy.

Lance Dahse, Inc.
LDI Repair
713-299-5009
281-605-4587 fax
jrrhouston98
AG
Thank you Gillian. Would you be willing to say how much it cost?
Much appreciated.
Lsprott
Sorry for the slow response. $400 for a cultured marble garden tub.

It had multiple cracks, no leaks, and a lot of chips out of it. They bondo'd it smooth and painted it and it has a bit of texture on the bottom.

They will ask that you remove the drain.

if you don't have one of these you should:

https://www.amazon.com/Superior-Tool-Wrench-Dumbell-Ratchet/dp/B000AO193S/ref=asc_df_B000AO193S/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312003160272&hvpos=1o3&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9277774685031897319&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9027842&hvtargid=pla-436173383465&psc=1

I little plumber's putty when they're done and it looks nice.

I would recommend that after you pull the drain. put some paper towel in the hole and tape up the threads on the inside of the drain. that will make putting the drain back in a breeze.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.