Someone to replace wood exterior trim around windows in DFW?

726 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by FDXAg
FDXAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fort Worth area.

A few of the exterior trim pieces around multiple windows are rotting out and in bad shape, including a couple 2nd story windows. While I might be able to do the lower windows, I'm just not confident in tackling the repairs myself. I tried to replace just a single rotted board on a 2nd story window last year and it was a royal pain.

Anyone have a company or contact that would do a good job at a reasonable price? Have no idea what to expect cost-wise. It's probably 5 windows needing new trim, including a couple on the 2nd story.

Should I be looking at a painting company for this? My whole exterior of the house could use repainting, but wasn't planning on spending that much just yet. I just thought maybe it's more economical to have a painting company include new trim in their quote versus having the trim replaced separately first.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Do it together. Otherwise you're paying for two mobilizations, two equipment rentals (assuming they don't replace the trim on a ladder), etc. I would think painters could do this, but I've never had it done. You could always just Google local painters and ask.
FDXAg
AG
That's kind of what I started thinking. Anyone have any exterior painting companies in Fort Worth area they recommend?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.