attic lift

1,819 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DallasAggies01
IslandAg76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone install one of these to replace fold down stairs?

Any recommendations or ones to avoid?

Build your own?

Thanks
Ken
Aggietaco
AG
Wasn't sure what you were talking about so I had to GIS. How does that replace an attic ladder?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
It doesn't.

They're in addition to.
IslandAg76
AG
Electric motor, frame and cables that go up and down, lifting things into the attic.
Like a cheap (real cheap) elevator
Whens lunch
AG
I've looked at them on line. We have attic space above the garage that has walk in access from a playroom. It's a pain in the butt from the garage to the other side of the house...up stairs and then back across the upstairs to the attic.

A cable lift platform that fits flush with the garage ceiling and is controlled from attic and garage would be real handy.
Not when I'm done with it.
Absolute
AG
Seen them. Doesn't replace the stairs, is in addition to them to lift stuff. People who have them seem to like them.
agz win
AG
I don't store anything in my attic. I was the family monkey to haul things up and down when I was a kid. Never again.
BrazosDog02
AG
agz win said:

I don't store anything in my attic. I was the family monkey to haul things up and down when I was a kid. Never again.
It's back in the back. Keep going. Yeah...no....under the ac duct....more...under that one too...might have to get on your belly....you see it? Oh wait...nevermind...it's here in the box downstairs. Come on out and dust the fiberglass off of you before you get down here so your mother doesnt ***** about it. You coming out today, cupcake? What's taking so damn long?
DallasAggies01
AG
I was just talking to my mom who is closing this week on new house with her husband. She said he's installing an attic lift he built himself this weekend after closing. I had never heard of them before but a friend of hers had one said it cost them $4K. My mom said her husband built one for $300 with supplies from HD and harbor freight using videos from Youtube.

I can picture how it works and have seen the garage storage solutions where you have a platform attached to joists that you can raise and lower through a pulley system so it shouldn't be too hard to build yourself.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.