Pool Leak Finders in Katy/West Houston

647 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by GigEmAgs08
CalAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have determined that there is a leak in my pool somewhere. I am looking for anybody that has experience with contractors finding and repairing leaks in the Katy area.

I am confident it is not evaporation as my water meter shows me using 25 gallons per hour per night when nobody in my house was awake using water. When I shut off my autofill on my pool the value went to 0 in the overnight hours.

TIA
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Pools lose a surprising amount due to evaporation. What triggers your auto fill?

Do the bucket test - it should give you a better answer (turn off auto fill for the test obviously).
CalAG
AG
I edited my post above as I missed a unit of measure. My water meter was registering a usage rate of 25 gallons per hour in the over night hours when no water should have been used. Upon turning off the auto fill, it is now registering 0 usage in the overnight hours.

Also, the overnight usage started in February which is not a common month for drastically increased evaporation from a pool.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Got ya. I don't have auto fill so I wasn't sure if maybe they can be set to fill at night even if the loss was earlier in the day.

If it is a sudden increase then I agree. Unfortunately I am in Dallas and have no Houston recommendations.
GigEmAgs08
AG
Not much help but thought that I would add that I live in that area and with the rain we have had, I have not had to add water in the pool in months.

So unfortunately you may be right that you have a leak
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.