Backyard Structure Permits/Plans

2,397 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ABATTBQ11
aggieAT07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Im looking to build a pergola and eventually shed in the backyard and Im curious if anyone has used or knows of someone that will draw plans to be submitted for city permits and HOAs.
who?mikejones
AG
Where?
ABATTBQ11
AG
Depends on where you're at if you even need them. Some places don't require permits at all for sheds beneath a certain size. Some may not require it for a pergola if not attached to your house.

ETA some HOA's may just want to know finishes and location. They may just have an application to fill out and rubber stamp.
aggieAT07
AG
Im in West Houston. Fulshear more specifically. For the structure/shed piece Ill need a city permit. For the pergola, Still confirming what I actually need for HOA but pretty confident Ill have to at a minimum submit plans to HOA.
AggieSam02
AG
We do it for jobs that we contract. You will need a permit for the pergola in city of Fulshear unless they have a minimum size requirement and you are under that. You most likely won't need a structural engineering stamp but you will need to specify footing details, beam to post attachment detail, and probably a rafter to beam attachment detail.

The hoa should be a little simpler - mainly length x width x height details along with locations on a site plan/survey and probably a list of type of materials and finish colors.

Don't have a rec on anyone that freelances that but maybe look around Linked In for a residential cad designer.
speck3
Lawn Master Outdoor Living. CAn get you everything you need. They are a Licensed Service Provider for Home Depot.
KB
AG
@aggieAT07 did you ever get what you needed? Curios, I'm in Fulshear of Bois de Arc and want to build a shed, but do it myself. Probably visible from the road so I should probably permit. Thanks!
ABATTBQ11
AG
Perusing the Fulshear building department's page it looks like you'll need a permit. I didn't see an exemption. I know San Antonio spells out their exemptions for required permits, and sheds under 300sf are one of them.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.