Toilet clog, removed toilet- still clogged

2,175 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by toolshed
George08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My kids flushed something down the toilet. Maybe hot wheels car(s).

Auger wouldn't clear it so I pulled the toilet up. Have tried to auger it both directions but something is just jammed in there closer to the inlet.

Water passes through the jam but slowly.

Any tips?

Thanks.
Texker
AG
Try hot soapy water.
Roy D Mercer
Take it outside and try running a water hose thru from the bottom with the water turned on and see if you can flush it out the way it went in
will.mcg
AG
Perhaps try a customer made "fishing tool" from a high quality metal hangar? probe, twist, see what catches. I once found a toothbrush this way. Darn kids.
Picard
AG
Sounds like a chance to upgrade the crapper

Jason Ag
AG
Update? Break down and call a plumber?
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Toilets are $100. How much time are you willing to spend on an existing one before buying a new one?

Or are you saying the clog is downstream from the toilet?
Jason Ag
AG
Downstream. Edit. Looks like I misread.

I'm not afraid to mess with my sanitary lines, but this seems like a job professional plumber. They can run a camera down the pipe, etc.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Jason Ag said:

Downstream.

I'm not afraid to mess with my sanitary lines, but this seems like a job professional plumber. They can run a camera down the pipe, etc.

Have you tried one of these? Pretty cheap.

Hhilton82
AG
Had same issue. Went to hardware store and bought an auger looking hand tool. (Snake with spring on end). Stuck it in as deep as possible -nothing. Used twist function and sure enough, latched onto a dog food scoop. No idea how it that got that far up a pipe.
George08
AG
Update:

After trying everything with no luck I smashed it with a hammer to find a plastic toy boat jammed in the pee trap.

New toilet installed
Aggie1
AG
Sometimes just reaching in with your hand (rubber gloved?) is realistic. It's your crapper isn't it??
jwoodmd
Aggie1 said:

Sometimes just reaching in with your hand (rubber gloved?) is realistic. It's your crapper isn't it??
Oh, rubber glove? Really? Guarantee you that you've put your hand into something dirtier than a toilet.
toolshed
AG
George08 said:

Update:

After trying everything with no luck I smashed it with a hammer to find a plastic toy boat jammed in the pee trap.

New toilet installed

You forgot to pick up your toys after playing Pirates of the Caribbean, didn't you!?

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.