Septic Cost in the Hill Country

9,273 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jtp01
chaca5151
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Does anyone have a general idea of the cost of installing a septic system in Hays county? We are building on the west side of 35, my builder said cost would range between 8k - 12k.

This seems high to me..... still waiting on the septic engineer to get it all together.
Not everyone gets the same version of me. One person might tell you I have an amazing beautiful soul. Another might tell you I’m a cold-hearted a$$^ole. Believe them both. I don’t treat people badly. I treat them accordingly - unknown
mAgnoliAg
who?mikejones
AG
Seems a touch low. I would bet 12 is the lower end of the scale
DriftwoodAg
AG
Beckdiesel03
AG
That's the prices I see come across my desk for Comal county and surrounding. Which companies are you looking at?
chaca5151
Hill country septic is who my builder recommended.
Not everyone gets the same version of me. One person might tell you I have an amazing beautiful soul. Another might tell you I’m a cold-hearted a$$^ole. Believe them both. I don’t treat people badly. I treat them accordingly - unknown
jtp01
AG
I'm meeting with our installer tomorrow for our system in the Texas panhandle. We are paying $7,500.00 for ours, but we are not dealing with the rock that you will have in the hill country. We also are using a contractor that wasn't the cheapest around. I made it clear that I don't mind paying for something that won't give me problems down the road.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I'm in Houston outlying area, got quotes from $8-10k
UmustBKidding
For sure not a one size fits all situation. Suspect they will require areobic. Only concrete tanks, upgrade to liquid chloroniator and size for maximum utilization. No special issues like over recharge zone for large house 12k

Ag In Texas
AG
Paid $10,000 for mine a year and a half ago in Dripping Springs
chaca5151
Anyway you can give me the info on who you used? Who did the engineered drawings?
DriftwoodAg
AG
We had our drawings done by Kyle DeHart out of Wimberley. I was very happy working with him. He did our design and handled all the permitting. Our install was done by John Riddle with Hill Country Onsite. He got the work done quickly and didn't charge us extra when they found out they were digging through solid limestone. We had this work done in Driftwood about 6 weeks ago

Kyle DeHart 512-738-2501
John Riddle 512-777-9681
chaca5151
Got it! Just called Kyle and will be calling the septic system company tomorrow.

Thanks for the help!
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Tertiary septic question... will a 500 gal tank support a 4/3 house with 5-6 people (assuming quarterly maintenance and regular pumping)

My sanitarian said I should push for 600 GAL, but his drawing and thus my permit was for only 500 GAL... the installer called to verify and permit authority says it needs to Ben labeled as 500 GAL to meet permit requirements and pass inspection.
DriftwoodAg
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Tertiary septic question... will a 500 gal tank support a 4/3 house with 5-6 people (assuming quarterly maintenance and regular pumping)

My sanitarian said I should push for 600 GAL, but his drawing and thus my permit was for only 500 GAL... the installer called to verify and permit authority says it needs to Ben labeled as 500 GAL to meet permit requirements and pass inspection.

We had no problems with a 500 gal, 3.5 bath ent and 6 people
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Cool, thanks
Whoop Delecto
AG
Aggie Hunter
AG
Does anyone have one or the geo drip systems? If so what's your thoughts on it?
jtp01
AG
We are building a 5 bed 2.5 bath and a barn with 2 bed 1 bath and full kitchen and we have an 1,250 gallon tank to handle all of that. Only 4 people however, my wife and I office at home so there is typically someone there all day long. We did go a little oversized, purely for a maintenance standpoint. We are 30 minutes from the nearest "town" and don't want to regularly be calling someone out to pump the tank.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.