How screwed am I?

3,547 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by texsn95
Scriffer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saw this when I left for work this morning. Looks like a leak up near the house that's flowing down into the street. I did a quick meter check that actually didn't look bad, but I think in my hurry, I misread it. So I'm going home at lunch to check again.

Anyone have recommendations for a plumber in North Dallas? Not looking forward to having to cut up the driveway

chick79
AG
Does the water main line connect where it's leaking? Are there water sprinkler heads in that area?
The Collective
AG
Not your sprinkler system?
Scriffer
AG
The water main goes into the house just behind the hose reel in the second picture. I checked that box, and there was standing water in there, so I'm thinking I'm hosed. And yes, there are sprinklers in those raised beds. Really hoping it's the sprinkler system, but that doesn't seem likely.
Bonfire97
AG
Hopefully you just have a sprinker valve that is not seating correctly and allowing a low flow through those heads.
Vernada
AG
Is your sprinkler system turned off at the backflow preventer?
Scriffer
AG
I shut off the sprinkler at the box, and the leak indicator was still turning. The sprinkler control box was full of water, so there was a little bit of dashed hopes there.

Managed to get a leak detection company to come out this afternoon, so I'll report back.
mAgnoliAg
AG
I highly doubt you will have to cut the driveway
Scriffer
AG
Rain came through that caused some problems, but he was able to ballpark it to about 3 feet into the circle drive from the top of the flower bed. Likely shouldn't have to cut the whole thing.

Overall, I'm putting it in the "Coulda Been Worse" category, but there's still time.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Sleeves are overrated right concrete guys?
texsn95
AG
Did they end up having to cut some out?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.