Ice maker recs

1,226 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AggieSam02
MAS444
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Trying to decide on our under counter ice maker. Any recs? We don't want nugget ice. It will get a lot of use, so want it to make and store lots of good drink ice. So far leaning towards Scotsman CU50GA or Whirlpool GI15NDXZS. Any experience with these?
cas8019
AG
i have one of these but nugget form. Really like it. I had it installed in our laundry room. Running with no issues for 2 years now.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/hoshizaki-am-50baj-14-7-8-air-cooled-undercounter-top-hat-cube-ice-machine-51-lb/415AM50BAJA.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=Cj0KCQiAi57gBRDqARIsABhDSMqo0QMCHxjZlYOt3Ru2cUBRrw2RBwSOr5Lft_1P2a61ebPioXDYedcaAt9SEALw_wcB

only thing i would say about ice makers are even the best of best are noisy. Not just the ice falling but the compressor running. They are all louder than the a regular frig.
MAS444
AG
Thanks. That's another manufacturer that I was considering. Noise shouln't be a huge deal as this will be in a bar that can be closed off. Anyone else?
Dr.Rumack
Ours is a Manitowoc (sp?)
Pretty low maintenance. I haven't cleaned it in two years and we use a lot of ice for drinks.

It does have deposits in the top that can make the slats stick on occasion. That just causes a little water to splash onto the ice in the bottom.

Not very noisy but does put off a little heat.
Post removed:
by user
AggieSam02
AG
Go with a hoshizaki cubelet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.