Survey - is this a good estimate? I know nothing

1,660 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by chaca5151
chaca5151
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I replaced the name of the company with just company..

SCOPE OF SERVICES

1. Boundary Survey with Limited Topography

a. Company will complete an on-the-ground boundary survey of the property, including perimeter fencing for reference. Company will locate permanent improvements, take spot elevations of 1 foot natural ground contours of the rear 400' of the lot, and provide at least one on-site Benchmark for reference.

b. All property corners will be found or set with a monument at the time of fieldwork. Wooden laths will be placed near monuments for reference.

c. A deliverable drawing of the survey, signed and sealed by a Registered Professional Land Surveyor, will be provided upon completion of the project.

2. Historical Land Documents

As part of Company due diligence in research of the property, it may be necessary to purchase Historical Land Documents, such as plats and deeds.

FEES AND EXPENSES - San Marcos

Fee Basis
Fee
Boundary Survey with Limited Topography
Lump Sum
$1,250
Historical Land Documents
$5/Document
TBD
Sales Tax
8.25%
$103.13
Total
$1,353.13
Please note that an addendum to the above pricing may be required, should there be a significant change in the project or additional work requested/required outside of the scope listed above.
LIST OF ASSUMPTIONS
1. This scope assumes that a Title Commitment (including easements or encumbrances) will not be included on the survey unless provided by the client prior to the completion of the survey. Once the survey is finalized, additional fees may apply to add a Title Commitment.

2. This scope does not include any temporary improvements (i.e. RVs, movable sheds, etc.) or locating of trees.

3. Company is not responsible for the movement of laths after the field crew has left the site.

4. If the area requested to be topographically surveyed cannot be safely reached by the field crew, such as extreme slopes or areas covered in debris, these areas may be omitted with the reason.

5. We estimate that this project can be completed in 2-3 weeks from receipt of payment, assuming no significant problems arise.

Company accepts cash, check, or credit card (excluding American Express). There is a 3% convenience fee for credit card payments taken over the phone, but you are welcome to pay by card in the office with no additional fee.
b. If paying out of closing, the client must provide Company with the title company contact information. Company will contact the title company to collect necessary documents and will begin work on the project upon receipt of Title Commitment.

6. Historical Land Documents will be billed upon completion of the project. The final product will be released to the client upon receipt of final payment.

a. Historical Land Documents provided to company from the Title Company will not be billed.

7. Company will not begin work on the project, including the scheduling of fieldwork, prior to the receipt of payment (or Title Commitment).
Not everyone gets the same version of me. One person might tell you I have an amazing beautiful soul. Another might tell you I’m a cold-hearted a$$^ole. Believe them both. I don’t treat people badly. I treat them accordingly - unknown
UnderoosAg
AG
Are they surveying one acre, 10 acres, or 100 acres?
chaca5151
Just under 9 acres.
Not everyone gets the same version of me. One person might tell you I have an amazing beautiful soul. Another might tell you I’m a cold-hearted a$$^ole. Believe them both. I don’t treat people badly. I treat them accordingly - unknown
Aggietaco
AG
How does it compare to the other 2 bids you received?
chaca5151
Still waiting for the other two to come in... just wanted to get an idea.
TexAg1987
seams reasonable to me.
PFG
AG
I'd put that bid in the very reasonable category. I'll be surprised if anything beats that, given the size of the property you're surveying.
Beckdiesel03
AG
Call McMichael surveying out of NB. We use them for all of our customers and he is very reasonable.
chaca5151
Thanks! Email sent I only received one other bid back and it wasn't close to the first one.
chaca5151
10-4 good to know the only other bid I got back was almost double that one.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.