HVLP handheld paint sprayers

1,690 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jamesf
jamesf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have about eight interior doors that I need to repaint. They are of the hollow core six-panel variety. I hate painting these types of doors because of the time it takes to pain all the crevices while watching carefully for drips. Is it worth it to purchase a handheld paint sprayer like this one to make the job go easier? How easy is it to use a sprayer to make it look good?
Post removed:
by user
ForeverAg
AG
Sasappis said:

I bought the graco airless handheld and it is great. Double the price of the Wagner but the quality is worth it. They make a corded version or a cordless version that runs on the dewalt 20v system.
Which model do you have? I have been looking at the Truecoat 360's
dubi
AG
jamesf said:

I have about eight interior doors that I need to repaint. They are of the hollow core six-panel variety. I hate painting these types of doors because of the time it takes to pain all the crevices while watching carefully for drips. Is it worth it to purchase a handheld paint sprayer like this one to make the job go easier? How easy is it to use a sprayer to make it look good?

Ask if you have friends that have a paint sprayer?

We own a huge one and our friends borrow it all the time.
Post removed:
by user
Gigemags05
AG
If you have a small air compressor then you can get one of the HVLP set ups at harbor freight for less than $20. I think there's a coupon right now for $10.

I've painted multiple vehicles with them (i just buy a new one each time since they're so cheap) and have had great success. I know a lot of people use them for cabinets, so I would guess it would function well to paint your doors.
jamesf
AG
Gigemags05 said:

If you have a small air compressor then you can get one of the HVLP set ups at harbor freight for less than $20. I think there's a coupon right now for $10.

I've painted multiple vehicles with them (i just buy a new one each time since they're so cheap) and have had great success. I know a lot of people use them for cabinets, so I would guess it would function well to paint your doors.
Interesting. I didn't think about that. You can't beat the price.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Wear a mask -- the . kind with filters.
ForeverAg
AG
I picked up the Graco Truecoat 360VSP. Just painted 12 trime pieces, 2 doors, 2 door frames with it. I would absolutely recommend the sprayer. Super easy to use, and Home Depot/Amazon have it for 15% off.
VincentBlack
+1 on the Graco 360 VSP for spraying interior latex unthinned. Picked mine up for furniture, cabinets, and eave/soffit painting; it's a worthy investment. I've attempted spraying interior latex from my traditional HVLP sprayers, but they need to be thinned and/or combined with a flow additive, and even then I had marginal success. I have since decided that I'll stick to using solvent based stain/paints in the HLVP and spray latex with the Graco.
BrazosDog02
AG
I use one from Harbor Freight. It's solid. I use it for painting wooden ware for beehives, so it gets used. Not quite commercial use but it is for business. Considering what you are using it for, I'd say it's a poor decision to spend more than the HF price. Lol.
Sliced Clown Bread
AG
If you are in houston, i will sell you you my greco for a reall good price. Need to get it out of garage.
Sliced Clown Bread
AG
If you are in houston, i will sell you you my greco for a reall good price. Need to get it out of garage.
Dandy 76
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

Agree
Duncan Idaho
91AggieLawyer said:

Not the P99 filters either. But an organic vapor filter. And keep it in a Ziploc when you aren't using it.
jamesf
AG
fw_ag said:

I might be interested. I am in SW Houston. Email me at jfields82 at aggienetwork.com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.