Home remodel

1,216 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Old Jock 1997
Discovery77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also posted on San Antonio board:

Wife and I are looking into remodeling our home by adding a master suite and expanding our kitchen. We live in San Antonio, and I wanted to see if anyone here could make recommendations for this type of service. Good and or bad feedback is welcome, as it seems reviews of every company have a bit of both.

I have looked into these two so far:

Bobo Builders
KM Builders

TIA
Bonfire1996
AG
No recommendations other than to give advice. I just finished a major remodel like yours.

Take your budget, and decide on a bid that is 60% of your budget. You will ultimately spend your budget even with the lower bid. All kinds of surprises will pop up.
Garrelli 5000
AG
Huntington Remodeling

They don't build homes in San Antonio, but the parent company, Highland Homes, does build there.

I can't speak for their remodeling but we just began building one of their homes in Frisco.

It's a very well respected company so it might be worth it to give them a call.

Edit: I just noticed they specify DFW. Still might give it a shot.
Take the trash out staff.
Old Jock 1997
AG
KM is ridiculously expensive. We had them out and almost choked on what they told us. I'm pretty sure they also told my wife they couldn't give us a full bid until we signed with them.

We're on the tail end of remodeling 3 bathrooms and a game room, as well as numerous other odds and ends, with a contractor by the name of Jim Hemby. He came very highly recommended and we've been happy with his work.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.