Master Bathroom Remodel

2,634 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mel07ag
htxag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I made a post on here about a minor guest bathroom remodel my wife and I completed a few months ago. We were mainly using it as practice to do our master bathroom...

Guest Bathroom Remodel Thread

Well, we finally completed the master bath remodel. It was much more extensive than the guest bathroom remodel we did. We removed the fiberglass shower pan, old garden tub, and started new. The project took about 2 months in total. We worked on a fairly casual pace as it's just my wife and I and we had the guest bath to use, but we still had plenty of late nights.

We didn't necessarily think our old bathroom was that bad (other than the fiberglass shower pan), but it did have a leak and is 14 years old so we figured lets fix that and just do what we want. When we got to ripping everything out, the leak we knew about wasn't even the worse one. The builder didn't water proof the half wall at all. So as the grout started to age and lose it's seal, the water completed penetrated the half wall and the decking in that area.

Below are some pictures. We're just about finished, just have a couple details to finish (finish painting the ceiling, caulking, etc.) and the wife is getting some new furniture and decorations.

I'll try to keep the pics to a minimum.....

Before:

During (we originally were going to go with a tile topped curb, but nixed that and had the quartz from the counters done on the curb instead)

New counter tops and faucets

Finished product

MAS444
AG
Looks much better. Very nice! Question...What are the dimensions of your shower? We're building new and are having a hard time with master bath/shower lay out in light of our relatively narrow lot/house footprint.
htxag09
AG
Shower is roughly 5' x 4'
Señor Chang
AG
Looks great!
bam02
AG
Looks great!
mel07ag
AG
Did your shower tile around the edge have a bullnose or did you use schluter? We are about to redo our bath and the tile we picked doesn't have a bullnose option so looking at doing schluter. I would love to see some zoomed in pictures if you used it so I can decide if that is the route we want to go. Thank you!
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Who is your tile guy?
htxag09
AG
I did the schluter tile edge system, well actually a different brand that Home Depot carried. I'll try to remember to get a close up picture of it this afternoon. I like the look of it vs. the bull nose tiles.

I did all the tile work myself. Not perfect, some things I would've done differently, but I'm happy with it overall.

Only things I didn't do myself were the counter tops and the glass.
mel07ag
AG
I don't know why I didn't think about HD having the edging. Thank you! Are your faucets from HD also?
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Just so we can compare to other remodeling threads... about how many Red Bull's and bud lights did this take?
htxag09
AG
No, my wife's best friend works for a plumbing wholesaler so we got them through her. Luxart

It took 0 Red Bull's, lots of coffee, not much beer, lots of wine and whiskey.
htxag09
AG
Not great pictures but here you go.
mel07ag
AG
thank you!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.