replacement cost for random ornamental landscaping brick

9 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by agnerd
JasonD2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm having trouble getting someone to give me an estimate for replacement cost on ornamental common brick- basically just a single layer of brick lined up side-to-side (not end-to-end) on a concrete footer. And a sheet-ton of it... about 300 L.F. worth. I have pics. Thanks.

Edit: preferably DFW or east/northeast Texas, but will take any feedback I can get.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
JasonD2005 said:

I'm having trouble getting someone to give me an estimate for replacement cost on ornamental common brick- basically just a single layer of brick lined up side-to-side (not end-to-end) on a concrete footer. And a sheet-ton of it... about 300 L.F. worth. I have pics. Thanks.

Edit: preferably DFW or east/northeast Texas, but will take any feedback I can get.

Please. For the the love. Do not use brick to line your flower beds. Use stone or nothing at all.
JasonD2005
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

JasonD2005 said:

Please. For the the love. Do not use brick to line your flower beds. Use stone or nothing at all.

It's not my house, and no actual brick laying is going to take place. In fact it's quite the opposite.
agnerd
AG
JasonD2005 said:

basically just a single layer of brick lined up side-to-side (not end-to-end) on a concrete footer.
Like this?

Might be that brick, by itself, isn't the strongest configuration for a wall. I'd hesitate to build a wall out of just brick that will have soil pushing on it. Won't stay vertical for very long and then the owner is going to be calling me back asking why the un-reinforced wall is falling down. House brick is just decorative without any structural purpose, so it's fine sitting on a concrete slab (brick ledge) with nothing pushing up against it. Contractors might be steering clear of building a brick wall without a cinder block core tied into the base with rebar like this:

Anyone told you why they don't want to bid on it?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.