Solid Surface Flooring? - Quick Education??

1,060 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Beckdiesel03
AgTech88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sure this has been discussed but my search skills are lacking - feel free to point me to previous threads.

Can someone give me a quick education on solid surface flooring options? Haven't had to do new floors in 10+ years and I know there are a bunch of new choices out there. Just looking for basic info for a starting point?

Will be for 1st floor where we still have carpet in living room and Master Bedroom. Kitchen and entry are tile, Dining room hardwood. We have dogs (big labs) so need something that can handle the toenails, traffic, a little moisture from wet feet coming in from pool etc. House is updated (except for remaining carpet) and we want something that looks like wood flooring - solid wood, laminate wood, tile that looks like wood, other laminate options?

Willing to spend $$ as needed for something that matches look of the rest of the house, but I may be a little bit of a cheap bastage so I dont want to spend more than necessary. In the Master Bath we have the tile that looks like plank wood and we like that look - just not sure if that look is a bit of a fad? I have heard some of the wood laminate products are great, but we dont want it to look "cheap"?

Any info/education appreciated.
AgTech88
AG
Bump (hoping to get some answers this time?).

We want some type of wood flooring - what are the options, pros cons etc.?

Any help appreciated.
Beckdiesel03
AG
As someone with laminate, I would avoid it and look at a vinyl plank. We have laminate in the kids toy room (which is our dining room) office, master bedroom and one of the kids room. Its held up to scratches, but we made sure to test the samples we got before hand by scratching with keys. We had 3 labs at the time and knew the kids would be just as brutal. I would never do laminate if it was going to be getting wet at all, especially repeatedly. We did the laminate as a cheap temporary solution until we got to the stage of our life where kids and dogs weren't actively trying to destroy our home, and we still have it 9 years later.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.