New Dishwasher brand?

1,876 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Tecolote
Actionag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bosch models have the top 11 ratings on Consumer Reports, followed by Kitchenaid. What does texags say?
TexasAggie_97
AG
I bought a Maytag about 3-4 years ago. It is so quite you cannot hear it running, has lots of options and gets the dishes clean.
Hwy30East
Bosch. Bought one 6 months ago and we've been very pleased with it. I never hear it, and the dishes come out very clean. My mother also replaced a Kenmore with a Bosch, and it was night and day for the better.
AggieRob93
AG
Have a kitchen aid, super quiet, does a good job cleaning dishes.

Choice at buy time came down to kitchen aid and bosch... got a better deal on the kitchen aid, so in it went.
BosAG06
AG
I've had both. Love both. Both are super quiet and clean well. We had a Bosch at our old house and it was about 8 years old when we moved. Never had an issue with it. We moved to a new home this July and went KitchenAid. I have to say the kitchen aid cleans better and is much quieter but that's comparing an 8 year old Bosch to a new KitchenAid. I don't think you can go wrong either way. One thing I did not know until I bought the KitchenAid is that they are owned by Whirlpool.
ftworthag02
AG
We have kitchenaid and love it. One of my customers owns a high end/ commercial appliance repair company and he advised us to go w/ kitchenaid. Easier to get parts and easier to repair
agdaddy04
AG
Bought a Bosch 2 years ago. Some people don't like that it doesn't have a heating element though but it works for us great
JP76
Bosch are nice and quiet but the air dry versus heated element will leave some unhappy especially if you wash a lot of bottles and or sippy cups.

yaterag
AG
We wash a lot of sippy cups a d the like. As long as I keep the jet dry dispenser filled I do not have an issue with everything drying quickly and completely.
JP76
yaterag said:

We wash a lot of sippy cups a d the like. As long as I keep the jet dry dispenser filled I do not have an issue with everything drying quickly and completely.

What model do you have ?

I've installed a few of them and every customer has loved the low decibel when running but some were bothered by the lack of drying element especially if they previously had a dishwasher with a drying element. In general plastic items will have difficulty drying using condensation versus a heated element. I always bring this up before someone spends $800-$1000 on an elementless dishwasher.

Tecolote
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Bought a Bosch 2 years ago. Some people don't like that it doesn't have a heating element though but it works for us great
Love our Bosch dishwasher - it does have a heating element so it's likely model specific.
Maroonedinaustin
AG
Just got an LG. Wanted a Bosch, but couldn't pass up the deal I got on the LG. So quiet you don't know it's on until the water drains. Make sure to get one with the silverware rack. It gives you more space on the bottom rack since the silverware carry isn't needed. I also like the fact the LG connects to my WiFi. I can use the app to start the washer if I wanted, but the best feature is being able to run diagnostics should I ever need to.
agdaddy04
AG
Och26-58-87 said:

agdaddy04 said:

Love our Bosch dishwasher - it does have a heating element so it's likely model specific.

You sure about that? I don't know of any Bosch's with a heating element.
MAS444
AG
Which Bosch has a heating element? Never heard of that.
Tree Hugger
AG
We have a KitchenAid, but it never seems to drain completely and if left closed for a couple of days it develops a horrible odor. I've searched around and found others with the same problem but no real solution other than making sure there is a bend in the washer drain line that rises up higher than the sink drain line to prevent backflow. It still hasn't helped us though.
Tecolote
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Och26-58-87 said:

agdaddy04 said:

You sure about that? I don't know of any Bosch's with a heating element.
Yes. It is not the electrical range coil exposed like old fashion dishwashers but it has one under the stainless. This is how the hot water is heated to steam level. Mine dries very well via condensation drying - but the system heats the heck out of the water
agdaddy04
AG
I promise it doesn't have a heating element though.

https://www.bosch-home.com/us/experience-bosch/tips-and-tricks/frequently_asked_questions_answered
Tecolote
AG
agdaddy04 said:

And I promise it doesn't have a heating element though.

https://www.bosch-home.com/us/experience-bosch/tips-and-tricks/frequently_asked_questions_answered
It has one but it is used differently. The old fashion heating element is what you are thinking of - like the coils in an oven that turn on in the drying process. That Bosch does not have. However, Bosch has a heating element in the inlet water line that heats the water in the final rinse to a very high temp for sanitizing and better evaporation during the drying process. Do a google search for replacement Bosch heating element and you'll see they exist.

ETA - from the FAQ link you provided

------------
Select models have an Extra Dry option, which adds extra heat to the final rinse to enhance drying results. The Sanitize option on select models increases the time and temperature of the final rinse to eliminate up to 99.9% of bacteria, and enhances drying results.
------------
Adding extra heat and increased temperatures only can be done by a heating element, or more simply, a heater.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.