Aerobic Septic Running

679 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JP76
frorge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We've had several inches of rain last night and this morning.
I've noticed my septic sprinklers have run a few times already today, however we are not using any water. I've verified none of my toilets are running or any faucets leaking. I opened the third section and could see water draining into that section.

I guess my question is could the rain just be leaking into my septic tank from all the rain and that's what's causing the sprinklers to come on or do I need to be more worried about a leak somewhere?
JP76
More than likely your tanks have settled and are too low if rainwater is leaking causing the heads to spray. You may need to have risers added to the tanks and or adjust current grade/drainage.
frorge
AG
The concrete top is a couple feet below the ground. But the round entrance lids are still above ground.

Sounds like maybe where that connection is, is leaking? Is that a problem other than my sprinklers running more often than needed.
JP76
Running the pump more often will shorten its life and waste electricity. Also if the rainwater is taking debris into the pump tank it can burn the pump up sooner.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.