House - Low Water Pressure

811 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Resquell92
Resquell92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Home in Round Rock was built in 2001 and bought from previous owner in 2003. Over time the water pressure in the house seems to be getting lower at the kitchen sink. Since we noticed the pressure not being what I would consider normal, I had the pressure relief valve replaced in August 2017 which had some affect but not much.

Seeking some guidance to figure out if the water pressure is normal and I'm imagining things or what/how to troubleshoot water pressure. Definitely not a plumber, but willing to tackle issues if I can just determine if I have an issue.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
jt2hunt
AG
You can buy a pressure gauge and check the pressures at various locations around your house.
Real readings to determine if the kitchen is the only problem with pressure.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Check with a gauge and report findings on here. Is the pressure relief valve adjustable? Some are adjustable with a wrench or a screwdriver
Whoop Delecto
AG
jt2hunt
AG
Any update?
Resquell92
AG
Checked pressure at the two outside hose bibs. Getting about 44psi at both, so leads me to believe that I either the pvr is set to low or I'm not getting enough pressure from the city. Didn't get an opportunity to dig through the bushes where the pvr is located to turn up the pressure. Will try to adjust the pressure up at the pvr this next weekend.

Thanks for the help.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.