Soundbar recommendations

1,731 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AlaskanAg99
A New Hope
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Curious to know what y'all would recommend for mid range cost soundbars for pretty good sized living room. I'm hanging a tv and don't want to mess with wired speakers for surround like quality. Thanks for any advice.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
I don't know what mid range cost is, but I've been pretty happy with my Sonos bar. Thinking of adding the smaller one to the bedroom.
htxag09
AG
Also happy with Sonos. Check the nerdery, several posts on this topic.
OlRock
AG
3 years ago I went with the JBL SB400 that has the wireless sub. I liked Sonos, but I didn't think I'd ever use Sonos for the whole home sound as it was being advertised. So, I didn't think it was worth the cost.

The JBL has great sound. However, after 2.5 years it just quit working. I got it repaired for another $100 and the technician said it was an extremely common repair for the unit. It has been a few months since the repair and I have had no issues.I don't like that I had to have it repaired and hearing that its a common issue though.
evan_aggie
AG
I bought a relatively inexpensive LG system... SH7B and it supports chrome cast. I bought a bookshelf speaker: H3 to go with it off eBay NIB $80. Can listen to music in whole home.
Canyon99
Just bought a Sonos beam. Enjoying it and will be buying the Sonos play 1 speakers soon.
DeBoss
AG
Just go to CNET and look at their reviews. I trust those guys and they have never led me wrong on a technology purchase.
Maroonedinaustin
AG
I have a Klipsch soundbar that has a wireless sub. The sound is pretty darn good for it being a soundbar. Better than I expected, but as with all soundbars, it doesn't give you a cinema sound like a true surround system. I'd say it's as good as the high price Bose soundbars.

I definitely recommend the Klipsch.
Comeby!
AG
My Vizio5.1 soundbar went out after 2 years. Looking to replace with Sonos. I've had Sonos for almost 10 years now.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Is the room one story? It's pretty easy to go up through the wall to the attic and then drop lines.

aTm '99
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.