Looking for a welder for a basic project

1,152 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PuryearFratDaddy
Jefe07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone weld or know a welder that would like to take on a quick and easy project?

I need a stand built out of square tubing. Just basic cuts and right angles.

I can email a sketchup file if anyone is interested.

Edit: to add location - Richmond / west Houston
Joe Exotic
AG
It would be cheaper to just buy a 120v flux core welder from harbor freight and do it yourself
UmustBKidding
Ag shop at local high school.
dtkprowler
AG
UmustBKidding said:

Ag shop at local high school.

Yep! This is the way to go! I've had several "Projects" I've commissioned from a local high school. Those kids can do some pretty dang good work. Only caveat is if they want to treat it as a show piece (ornamental gates, feeders, stands...). They may need to carry it on their circuit of Ag Mech Shows before you get to take it home. But, it is generally free labor and they can get the materials cheaper (tax free) than you or an actual welder can.
PuryearFratDaddy
AG
Agree with buying your own 1) inexpensive to start and you will find uses for it and 2) using a nearby Ag shop (results will be hit/miss, mostly hit hitdepending on instructor in my experience. 3) see if can find a local welder, two old timers in hometown have their own shops

Quick derail...dtk, you by chance still have the 140T and/or the 180T you had earlier this year? If so, I am at fstanush at yahoo

Good luck!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.