Appliances from Sears?

1,667 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Hwy30East
AggieAces06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With all of the store closings that Sears is doing, would you trust buying appliances from them?

We are building right now and are at the point of picking appliances. We like the Kenmore lines from Sears. We can order online and have them delivered, but would you trust any warranty or maintenance issues?
Dr.Rumack
Sure do miss the outlet in Houston. That's the only thing I miss about Spewston.
I would think they would hold up the warranty.
aggiedent
AG
I'll answer your question by saying we just bought 2 fridges from Sears.
EMY92
AG
The Kenmore appliances are just rebranded Whirlpool, LG, Electrolux and a few other brands.
htxag09
AG
Why I like Kenmore. They rebrand who they think is the top for that particular appliance. So you can have an LG fridge and a GE dishwasher, or whatever the case may be, that have the same finishes and go together.
The Fife
All of the Sears appliances I bought in 2004 are still like new, but things have probably changed since then.
No Le Hace
AG
The risk is that you place an order with Sears and before delivery occurs they declare bankruptcy and close the doors, which many believe could happen anytime. Sears has a large payment due in the next 30 days to service their debt obligations. Eddie Lampert is actively trying to purchase the Kenmore brand for his private holding company. Whirlpool ended their almost 100 year relationship with Sears due to their financial condition and many manufacturers have Sears on pay in advance terms. All these have made many folks run from Sears.
AggieGunslinger
AG
My Kenmore Elite fridge had the compressor crap out today. It's 4 years old, very frustrating.

All my other Kenmore appliances are almost a decade old and still running fine.
Hwy30East
I most likely will never buy another Kenmore product, and I'm old school Sears/Kenmore where grandparents, parents and myself use to think that was all you needed and you would never have any issues. My mother bought a package of Kenmore Elite appliances in 2013, along with the extended warranty. Nothing but problems from the Double Oven, Refrigerator, and Dish washer that started within the first 10-12 months of purchase. The microwave has been Ok so far. The Kenmore dish washer completely died, and we just went ahead and bought a Bosch. The Double Oven and Refrigerator each have unique stories and continue to have problems.

My mother is almost 80, so I've taken over dealing with the Sears Home Services that you have to go through. I'm in the middle of another go'round with them now. It's a full time job dealing with their trained Customer services reps and Supervisors on the phone, and then the questionable competence of their servicemen that they send out to work on a crap product that they want to rebuild with refurbished parts.

I would not recommend Sears or Kenmore Appliances to anyone.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.