What Kind Of Fasteners Are These?

1,752 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TexAg1987
bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

I am replacing a kitchen faucet and these hold the old faucet onto the granite in a deck mount. Any idea how unscrew these to get the old equipment off?
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
jt2hunt
AG
I think you unscrew from underneath where you took the pick. Do the ends of those screws have any shape to them like an Allen?
bonfarr
AG
How do I unscrew them with that metal rod preventing it from turning to the left? I think if I buy a basin wrench it will turn that fastener but I don't know how to remove the protruding rod. Here is a larger image.

Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
bonfarr
AG
The bolts don't have an Allen wrench type end so I am thinking the bolts must be removed at the top. I am going to take a look later today.
03_Aggie
They do. They should be underneath the "cap" on the faucet neck at the counter.
bonfarr
AG
The granite guys that are resealing my sink got it off. The wing bolts turn inside and the whole thing is then pulled up through the hole. I have never seen anything like it.
JSKolache
AG
swivel and pull
TexAg1987
bonfarr said:

The granite guys that are resealing my sink got it off. The wing bolts turn inside and the whole thing is then pulled up through the hole. I have never seen anything like it.
Other brands have similar set ups that need to be tightend from underneath. This looks much easier.
Glad it worked out.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.