Dishwasher leak/help

587 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Gary79Ag
htxag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My dishwasher has a leak, I was able to watch it yesterday while running and pretty much isolate it to the drain/drain valve solenoid, mainly based on where it's leaking from and the fact that it only leaks when the valve is activated and the dishwasher is draining.

From the picture below, I believe the leak is coming from the rod/shaft the white triangular plastic piece slides on to.

Anyone have experience with this? Should I just buy the whole valve solenoid assembly? Would that have the seal needed if it's leaking from the above mentioned rod?

GE dishwasher, btw. TIA

Gary79Ag
AG
Contact the experts at AppliancePartsPros to get their free expert advice on how to repair your unit. Their contact info is in the upper left hand corner of their website linked below.

AppliancePartsPros.com
htxag09
AG
Thanks!

Looks like this is the part I need.

https://www.appliancepartspros.com/ge-seal-wd8x181-ap2038837.html
Gary79Ag
AG
There ya go htxag!!!

Now if you google the part number as I did, you'll find that particular part cheaper at a few other places...see link below:

google link
htxag09
AG
I did find it cheaper. But figured the $5-10 was worth the videos they have to help me pinpoint what exact part and part # i needed.
Gary79Ag
AG
Yes, that's true and they also have a 100% no questions asked money back full refund guarantee if the part they recommend and you purchase from them that you can return within 365 days.

They recommended that I purchase 3 different circuit boards to try to resolve my fridge issue and then told me to just return the other 2 which I did and got my full refund for them. Saved me the trouble of removing covers etc multiple times and prevented delays in getting the unit back up and running.

That's why I recommend them all the time! They sold me on them...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.