Dishwasher Recommendations or Tips

1,670 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by OnlyForNow
amanda04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We bought our home last year and the previous owners bought a home warranty policy. Fortunately, it has paid off for us and we have been approved for a new dishwasher! We have the option to take what they are recommending or picking our own and receiving the credit towards it. I can honestly say I have never shopped for dishwashers, so I'm looking for any recommendations or features that you can't live without as we search for our new one!
JP76
Heated drying element
Duncan Idaho
Worst excuse to get married ever.
Sazerac
AG
take the cash - what they give you is crap.

invest in a Bosch
w/ no heated drying element

they are the most quiet and you can put plastic on the bottom w/o fear of them melting. they dry just fine with jetdry
Beckdiesel03
AG
+1 heated drying element. I've been happy with our kitchenaid. It was ranked right behind Bosch for quiet and it still has heat dry unlike Bosch.
notheranymore
Consumer Reports has Bosch in its top four spots.
ukbb2003
Agree...take the cash and get a Bosch.
ftworthag02
AG
One of my customers owns a appliance repair business and he recommended a kitchen aid. That's what bought and we've been extremely pleased with it. Has a heating element. He said it can be difficult to get Bosch parts.
Texker
AG
We've had a Bosch for 11 years and it's worked quietly and flawlessly. The lack of a heating element took some adjustment but it's fine. Just know if you have a load dominated by plastic containers that they aren't going to dry as well.
The Fife
Bosch is pretty solid. You'll probably be able to save a bit by ordering online. Miele if money is no object.
FarmerJohn
AG
I have a Fisher and Paykal dishdrawer. It works very well but the two drawer thing has a learning curve. I will say that if I had a big family, being able to run one drawer while loading the other is really nice.
amanda04
AG
Thanks everyone! Any thoughts on stainless steel interior vs. plastic or is it not that big of a deal?
The Fife
I recommend stainless. Also a silverware rack at the top is a lot better than a basket on the bottom.
YellAg2004
AG
We went with Kitchen Aid over Bosch for the heating element and have been very happy.

I'll second the recommendation of getting the silverware try on the top. We took the silverware basket out of the bottom on Day 1 and haven't put it back since. It opens up a lot more space on the bottom rack.

As far as sound, it's virtually silent. I would assume the Bosch would be the same sound-wise.

Edit: Definitely stainless on the inside.
Maroonedinaustin
AG
I can't believe no one has said, "Get one with big cans."
sims05
AG
We have a Bosch. It is super quiet until it goes to drain the water. That woke me from sleep a few times and caught me off guard while awake because you forget that it's running most of the time.

My brother has a dishwasher with the silverware rack built into the door. Not sure how functional that is but I always thought it was a good feature.
OnlyForNow
AG
The top of the line Bosch and kitchenaid are basically #1 and #2 on every single consumer reports thing you'll find.

It basically amounts to do you want heated dry or not?

We went with kitchen aid (home warranty cash + some of our own) and love it. Stainless interior.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.