roof leaks

1,507 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
ought1ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This makes about the 3rd this has happened and every time my "fix" only lasts for about 2-3 months. Its leaking around an attic vent and there has to be a hairline crack that I cant see.

I don't think I need a complete new roof, but not sure if those vents can be replaced easily. Is it even worth trying to get it fixed/replaced or should I just bite the bullet and get a whole new roof?

That being said, does anyone know of a decent roofer in the Richmond/Sugarland area?
jws456
AG
ought1ag - give our headquarters a call (281)-293-7000 - State Roofing Company

I'll have someone run down today or tomorrow to take a look at it and give you an (free) evaluation on the vent and the overall shape of the roof.

let me know if I can be of help.

shalackin
AG
Replacing vents is usually pretty simple depending on the roof and vent type. Having a roofer look and inspect the whole roof is always a good idea if you aren't sure if you need replacement or not.
ought1ag
AG
thanks you - I am actually headed out of town for a family reunion but will jump on it first thing Monday. I am pretty sure I have the buckets in the attic in the right place if it does decide to rain some more.
Whoop Delecto
AG
CapCity12thMan
AG
I'd call that EcoZapp guy. He could probably keep the water leaking perpetually frozen and problem solved.

JSKolache
AG
Same issue here. Appears we must have a cracked vent b/c drips are coming from underneath the vent handware. Joy.
Whoop Delecto
AG
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
CapCity12thMan said:

I'd call that EcoZapp guy. He could probably keep the water leaking perpetually frozen and problem solved.
It'll just depend on how old the roof is and how wide an area to see the cost effectiveness. If repairing / replacing doesn't do the trick we try to use this as the last resort.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.