Need Help On Shower Remodel

935 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Gary79Ag
Gary79Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In process of a total master bathroom remodel and down to the studs in the newly laid-out shower which is approximately a 4' x 8' walk-in without a door on the entryway. I've got 2 each PEX lines of cold and 2 each PEX lines of hot water from my manifold to the shower and looking to install a combination rain shower, a regular shower head, a shower wand and muliple body spray heads.

Two questions.

1) What's the best place to purchase the products?
2) My preference is to have 1 diverter to control all of the heads with the max amount of water pressure. Should I tie the 2 hot lines together (all are 1/2" PEX lines from the manifold) and the 2 cold lines together into a larger (say 3/4") PEX line to feed the diverter for the shower system or should I separate the 2 hot and 2 cold lines to feed 2 diverters (one for the rain/regular shower head and the other for the wand and body sprays? Preference would be to have 1 diverter versus 2 so I have the same water temps for all the combinations. Or am I overlooking something and there's another option to do what my preference is?

So, what's my options?
The Fife
Online. I bought from build.com. if you make a cart and hey in touch with an actual human you can get a discount BTW.

Your second question I'm not awake enough to answer
toolshed
AG
How many outlets does the diverter have? You can tie the lines together, assuming you're hoping for more volume, but you're going to be restricted by the flow of the diverter regardless.

I don't know flow and specs of the valves, but I'd say you want two diverters, one control valve for each, to have the correct flow to each function. I'd say you need to dig into the specs of the sprays and needed flow, especially for the body sprays, so you've got enough flow/ volume to support the features. I'd use the two pairs of hot cold to supply the two control valves and be ahead of the game on volume and demand.
Gary79Ag
AG
I've got to do some research as I don't have a diverter yet. That's the $64K question/concern!

At our previous home, I remodeled the shower with 1 diverter that had 3 outlets that controlled a rain shower, a regular wall shower head and a wand shower head. IIRC, it had like 8 options to provide combo's as we needed but the water pressure was low for all t heads working at the same time.

My sister has 3 shower heads each on individual faucets and that sucks because you get different temps that need to be adjusted since they didn't use a diverter to tie them together.

I may need to use 2 diverters for our current configuration that we'd like for this remodeled shower. Just haven't researched it enough yet and was hopeing someone on here had experience to share with me.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.