ALLSTATE OR FARMERS INSURANCE

2,905 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by gvine07
A2Aggie60
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone had any dealings with Allstate or Farmers Home and Auto Insuance?

I have to change companies.

Thanks
The Main Thing is to keep The Main Thing The Main Thing
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Used to have Allstate for both. Switched to Tx Farm bureau and saved like 20% overall
HalifaxAg
AG
Call Lierre Insurance, saved me a ton of money for several years running!
JP76
Avoid Farmers homeowners like the plague. I've never seen such incompetence when dealing with insurance claims made through them. From insulting initial offers to refusals to remove potential mold issues I would never suggest them to anyone. Farm Bureau, State Farm and USAA are good if you ever have to make a claim.
BrazosDog02
AG
Having worked roof claims and installs shortly after Harvey, I would not recommend using Farmers OR Allstate. If I had to pick one, Farmers would be my choice if there was no other. I would not have Allstate under any circumstances.
dubi
AG
Amica
2wealfth Man
AG
dubi said:

Amica
AMICA here as well.
TexasAggie_97
AG
I have USAA for the win.
Comeby!
AG
Liere.
saltydog13
AG
Liere and farmers gave us the best price. Had farm bureau before and they kept raising rates with no claims
CEAg78
AG
JP76 said:

Avoid Farmers homeowners like the plague. I've never seen such incompetence when dealing with insurance claims made through them. From insulting initial offers to refusals to remove potential mold issues I would never suggest them to anyone. Farm Bureau, State Farm and USAA are good if you ever have to make a claim.
We had excellent, prompt and courteous service from Farmers in recent claims, both car and home resulting from the March hailstorm in CS.
rlb28
AG
We sell Travelers, Safeco and Progressive. Really good auto rates.
aggiedent
AG
For me, Allstate and Farmers were both negative experiences.

State Farm was a good experience, but their rates were going through the roof.

Amica is who I use now, and I like them a lot.
The Collective
AG
Allstate is a little higher, but my last auto claim I filed on my phone on a Sunday and had cash in my account on Monday.
aggiepaintrain
AG
NEITHER
FJB
dubi
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

NEITHER
Recommendation?
Comeby!
AG
Allstate cut me off when we just got started soon as being married. Farmers were a-holes when their drivers hit me and then a month later, my parents. Had to file suit both times. Would never give them a dime.
AggieGunslinger
AG
I had a rent house with a lot of smoke damage from a small fire. Farmers was a total nightmare to deal with, never again.

My family had multiple house, rentals, umbrella and commercial policies with them and they didn't lift a finger until I made them.

I am with TX Farm Bureau now and while I haven't had a claim the service when I have questions has been fantastic. Also, I talked with a few of the contractors during the smoke house project about who they liked working with and Farm Bureau was top of the list.
jtraggie99
AG
HalifaxAg said:

Have you ever had to file a claim? If so, how was your experience? I have USAA but am thinking about shopping around.
Comeby!
AG
jtraggie99 said:

HalifaxAg said:

Have you ever had to file a claim? If so, how was your experience? I have USAA but am thinking about shopping around.

Liere is a broker. You deal directly with the insurance company such as Safeco, Encompass, Etc.
Safe us a ton as well.
rlb28
AG
Find an independent agent
Mom Class of '03,'05 and '09
S
USAA for decades now homeowners as well as multiple vehicles

March of 2017 my son's home and car outside were bombarded by hail....he filed a claim online that Saturday night. He got a new roof, the patio cover rebuilt, the car was totaled and replaced...it was all fast, efficient and painless except for having to car shop again!

shalackin
AG
I agree with brazos.... always ask a roofing/restoration business what they think, we get to see the real side of insurance companies.

All State is one of the worst in the industry. I wouldn't insure a dog house with them. Safeco is right behind them. The best we deal with has been Chubb. But you probably need an extensive list of things to insure to make it worth their premiums.

But the best advice I give people is if you live in a region that has storms, stop shopping for the cheapest premium you can find. It will eventually cost you money, or quality of a restoration. The local agents can be your best friend, and you can still get screwed once it goes to the claims desk. They are all evil. I hate them all.
shalackin
AG
I personally have USAA as well.I am sure a lot of ags do. They used to be incredible, but they changed mgmt about 5 years ago and their claims department is no better than the rest of them now. Very unfortunate.
LGAggie
AG
I'm an adjuster. Allstate has a reputation for not paying claims very well.

Example: 2 houses side by side, one with Allstate and one with Safeco. Similar hail damage to the roofs. Allstate will try to cover only individual slopes of the roof where Safeco would cover the whole roof. This is a simplified example, but you get the idea.

Also, much of your claim would depend on the adjuster that actually completes the inspection so any company can leave an insured with a bad experience. But, as stated above, Allstate has a worse reputation in that regard than most.
JP76
Day 29 of waiting for a final depreciation check for a flood remediation claim with Farmers invoiced on May 22. Now claiming first check was lost and mailed another 9 business days ago from Oklahoma . In this same timeframe I have completed 3 other insurance jobs where final depreciation. checks were all mailed and received within 3-7 business days.
JSKolache
AG
Call a broker - they will do the shopping for you.
shalackin
AG
Send them a demand letter JP76, including the words bad faith, and they will react a little better.

And yes, the adjuster you get is typically what makes you are breaks you. The problem is the adjuster should just be there to determine coverage. The contractor should be there to tell them what the damage consists of, what is actually repairable or not repairable, and the price it will cost to complete it.

This is one effed up industry.
jws456
AG
As a roofing contractor I have nothing but bad things to say about Allstate. They are BY FAR the worst insurance company to deal with for insurance claims on roofs. Farmers is just fine in my opinion, not the worst, not the best.
shalackin
AG
Have you have an All State drone denial yet? They are going to get the absolute crap sued out of them pretty soon. We have a large residential loss going the PA route and probably lawyer route with one right now. They are horrible. I hate that Jobu represents them, since it hurts my love of the movie Major League.
12thAngryMan
AG
Whatever you do, get more than one quote. Even if you use a broker to "shop around" for you, at least go online and get an individual quote or two for comparison to whatever they say is the best/cheapest. Takes 10 minutes and could save you $500+/year.
rlb28
AG
Disagree about online. Most ppl don't know coverages or understand what they are clicking on. An agent is best way.
shalackin
AG
And for the love.........

Make sure you have an RCV policy and dont sign an exclusion on Ordinance and Law.

And never go with All State.
12thAngryMan
AG
rlb28 said:

Disagree about online. Most ppl don't know coverages or understand what they are clicking on. An agent is best way.
It's not hard to take exactly what your broker gives you and select the same options to compare prices for similar coverage.
rlb28
AG
12thAngryMan said:

rlb28 said:

It's not hard to take exactly what your broker gives you and select the same options to compare prices for similar coverage.

I guarantee you if u get quotes from an agent then go online and do it the price will be different. It's never the same.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.