Window privacy film

1,571 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by tgivaughn
agdoc2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I need to add privacy film to several windows in the house. Anyone purchased any of the rolls online and had success or is it best to find a company who does it?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Aggietaco
AG
I used a frosting film from HD and applied it to my bathroom window and front door. Turned out just fine, but a pro will have more options in terms of films and probably do a better install.
Ornlu
AG
agdoc2001 said:

I need to add privacy film to several windows in the house. Anyone purchased any of the rolls online and had success or is it best to find a company who does it?
I just did our bathroom window & shower door. We used this stuff. It's just held on like cling wrap, so you can remove & reposition as much as you want. No adhesives.

Super easy, cheap, and looks nice. I've got 1 air bubble that took me a week to notice; I could push it out if I spent 10-15 minutes at it.
Whoop99
AG
I used similar stuff from Amazon (Rabbitgoo Privacy Film - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MTA00AX/) and it did the trick. It is also a static cling based product. Installation was fairly easy. I filed a spray bottle with soapy water and spritzed the window and the cling. Applied the cling to the window and used a large putty knife to squeegee the water away. Finally trimmed away the excess with a utility knife. Good luck!
Gig 'Em,

Whoop99
agdoc2001
AG
Thanks!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
313-7-12thMan
John Holleman at Sunshade did our house. Very reasonable and very well done. 979-691-8468. He's got samples of various frosted and tinted films to choose from.
dubi
AG
313-7-12thMan said:

John Holleman at Sunshade did our house. Very reasonable and very well done. 979-691-8468. He's got samples of various frosted and tinted films to choose from.
+1

John is a great guy and i recommend him highly!
tgivaughn
AG
Easy enough to call Holleman 979-691-8468
or John@SunshadeWindowFilm.com
IMHO and am sticking to it
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.