Concrete repair questions

856 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Col. Steve Austin
Col. Steve Austin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I want to give my garage something of a makeover including painting the walls/ceiling plus installing a floor coating. I have this spot at the bottom of one wall that needs to be repaired to make a nice flat surface before doing anything else to the floor. I also have a couple of hairline cracks that need to be filled in.

What kind of product/process would you use for this vertical patchwork? It's about 7-8 inches long.

What have you used for hairline cracks that worked well?
The Fife
For something like that I'd make a basic form and fill the missing chunk with concrete patch. It's available at your nearest friendly big box store.

The hairline cracks may be fine if left alone, it all depends on how big "hairline" really is.
jtp01
AG
Leave the "hairline" cracks alone.

Please do NOT get the patch from a big box store. Go to a supply house. CMC, Ram Tool, White Cap etc. I was in this industry for 13 years and have seen first hand the debacle that quikrete stuff causes.

Ask for a product called Patch Crete by Lyons Manufacturing or better yet, ask for a sample (should be free). Mix to a peanut butter consistency and the trowel on the crack. Use some of the liquid to paint the patch area as a bonding agent , let it get tacky then apply the patch.
Col. Steve Austin
AG
OK, thanks for the feedback guys.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.