Need under cabinet lighting advice

1,569 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ReloadAg
ReloadAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Currently we have some LED strip lighting from 1000bulbs.com but the pretty bad and the light is too yellow (3000k) for our white subway tile backsplash. I can't seem to find anything better online that will work for our application. Ideally I'd like something that's more pure white and will link together in a plug in type of application. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
erin2003
AG
I bought Ikea's under cabinet lights & have been happy with them. They come 3 to a string.
bco2003
AG
I tried out multiple LED strips for our kitchen. 3000 was too yellow for me too, and I landed-upon these, 4000-4500K. They've been great.

MARSWELL High-quality LED Strip Lights Neutral White 4000K-4500K High CRI 80+ SMD5630 Non-waterproof

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BYHCD3O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also tried out some higher K than that, and they were too blue for me.

Will try to post a pic tonight.
ReloadAg
AG
Awesome thanks!
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Curious about this as well
Dr. Doctor
AG
I ordered from InspiredLED.com. Sent in photos of my kitchen, the color of lights I wanted (4000K) and they sent a kit for me to install. Plug and play and good to go. They have a range of colors (3, 4, 5, 6000 K) IIRC.

Pretty easy and did everything over email.

~egon
ReloadAg
AG
Nice! I'll give that a try.
Dr. Doctor
AG
Searched for my install thread:

My install

I had to install an outlet, but I had experience doing it and was easy. I was able to hide the wires and install push button switches under the counters for 3 sets of lights. Photos didn't really do it justice, IMHO. Looked VERY clean afterwords. When we sold the house, the buyers said that was a great selling point for them.

~egon
Koko Chingo
AG
Inspired LED is great. Mouser also carries many of thier products. Mouser ships from Mansfield and thier cutoff is late in the evening (UPS only). Pay for ground shipping and get your stuff overnight in TX.

-- contact inspired directly for design questions then order from Mouser if you are in TX or southern OK.
texagpilot
AG
I've used these from Lowes on last 2 houses. Hardwired to dimmer switch. Works and looks great.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Utilitech-24-in-Hardwired-Under-cabinet-LED-light-bar/1000321549
ReloadAg
AG
I'm working with Inspired right now and so far it's been awesome! They're getting me exactly what I need for a great price and looks like it will be easy to install. Thanks for the suggestion.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.