Home water softener

1,039 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dodger02
btalking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for recommendations on home water softener for a family of 5. I am assuming the unit will need to be outside, since the shut off valve is on the side of the house? Tired of the scale and hard water spots on the shower glass. TIA.
BrazosDog02
AG
Id try to get the thing into the garage. It'll last much much longer under cover.
jpb1999
AG
On phone now or would link other threads, but if you do a search or look on the first few pages of this board you should find a pretty good thread on this.

Spane Bohem

dodger02
AG
Here's a link to a discussion on the Austin board. Guy on this thread sells the fancy specialty units.

Here's another from this board over the last few months.

I've owned two homes. Both have had the standard Whirlpool softener that you can buy at the big box stores. The first one crapped out after about 3 years. I replaced it myself with an identical unit.

I have a family of four and my three "roommates" use more water than I care to think about. The Whirlpool unit is fine for me. When it breaks, I'll go buy another. I will always have a water softener.

Other folks will swear by the big expensive specialty units. Just depends on your cost appetite.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.