Best place to buy blinds? Brand recs?

3,350 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Whoop Delecto
K_P
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking for simple, white, wooden blinds. Is HD okay? Not going to live here forever, so looking for quality at a reasonable price. Anything will beat the hell outa the dirty vinyl crap that's in here.
JP76
Location?

K_P
AG
Houston ...forgot to mention that
dubi
AG
I used Selectblinds.com 6 years ago on a house renovation. Faux wood.

Good product. Good price.
Pale Rider
AG
Recently had a pretty good experience with blinds.com when we finish the interior of our office. I compared them to HD, Lowe's, etc. Pricing was the same if not better but their online configuring/customizing process on their website is 10x better. Pick you base, then it walks you through the details. Will buy from them again.
agdoc2001
AG
If you use Blinds.com be sure to use one of the cashback websites like fatwallet or befrugal for additional savings (looks like 3% on befrugal)
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
JP76
Try

https://m.budgetblinds.com/

Not sure about Houston location but the one out of BCS can install faux wood blinds for about the same as what you can buy them for and if they are larger blind widths they can even do it cheaper.
Gil Renard
AG
Hunter Douglas always was solid
K_P
AG
thanks for the ideas!
schwack schwack
AG
If you can find what you want in the clearance section @ JCP - the savings are amazing. Already marked down stuff with usually another big % off at checkout. We've gotten some terrific things for CHEAP. Some $85 ones for under $20 on one sale.
Dogdoc
AG
I'll second blinds.com. We just finished adding blinds to the house. I mis-measured one and they sent a free replacement next day. Very easy process.
AggieMania
Select Blinds
mwp02ag
AG
I used blindster.com for my rentals and loved it. Use the code "rush" for 40% off if still valid. I believe they are based in Houston also!
Spore Ag
Maybe a long shot but we found or perfect, actually Roman shades at IKEA and quite cheap. They did have blinds but not sure about costs.
MikesFamousJava
AG
2nd vote for JC Penney
redag06
Greater Houston Blinds- Toby
281 235-0852
91AggieLawyer
AG
Don't order blindster. Bad design. They only close one way -- for most people, the wrong way -- and are a security risk. I got the ones that replaced my blindster return from Lowes.
K_P
AG
dubi said:

I used Selectblinds.com 6 years ago on a house renovation. Faux wood.

Good product. Good price.

I ended up going with faux wood from SelectBlinds.com after looking into all the recs on this thread.... thank you for the recommendation. They installed easy and look good.

meanwhile a guy redid his entire master bath...guess i'm slow.
Spore Ag
Found some unique and cheap blinds at IKEA. Worth the try
Whoop Delecto
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.