pipe leak

1,039 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Marvin_Zindler
MrMiyAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
[img][[/img]

any advice appreciated.

kitchen ceiling between two floors.
Dr. Venkman
AG
Is it coming from that joint or somewhere through the OSB? Can you reach it?
MrMiyAggie
AG
I think the joint. The plywood is dry. Just the drywall under the joint is wet. And the the water runs toward the drywall seam where I cut into it.

I can reach it but imagine I will have to cut more drywall to fix anything
maddiedou
AG
I can help you tomorrow with the sheetrock and fix the pipe if you dont find anybody to help. Gary. 979-eight two o - 1870.
The Fife
Looks like a failed CPVC joint to me, that stuff doesn't do well over time if pipes are under any amount of strain from what I've seen.
txag2008
AG
Out of curiosity, what are the things that the 2 arrows are pointing at?

Marvin_Zindler
AG
Look like fasteners to me. Just securing the pipe to structure in order to avoid pipe movement/banging.

And I hate CPVC.
txag2008
AG
That was my first thought, but the form factor seems odd, especially with the part protruding at the top.
Tecolote
AG
txag2008 said:

That was my first thought, but the form factor seems odd, especially with the part protruding at the top.
Ok, now I'm interested. The one next to it on the other pipe doesn't have the protruding part.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Och26-58-87 said:

txag2008 said:

Ok, now I'm interested. The one next to it on the other pipe doesn't have the protruding part.

IM not sure what the protruding thing is, but I think it is behind the fastener, not a part of it. Upon enhancement, it seems the depth is different from the fastener.

In regards for the pipes, I am no plumber but that seems an odd angle/ way to make that connection. A couple of 90* and length between would probably be a better alternative to prevent poor connection and the leak.
03_Aggie
txag2008 said:

My guess is the protruding part is a vent that is further down the line from the fasteners tying the pipe to the 2x4.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Quote:

My guess is the protruding part is a vent that is further down the line from the fasteners tying the pipe to the 2x4.

Yes. Optical illusion.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.