New Windows, roof and Siding but ...

1,059 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgToadie
CAR96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So 1 week before Harvey hit the area, I had new windows, siding and a roof installed.

With the cold temperatures we have had in the north Houston area it seems like maybe they did not 'seal' something properly as it seems to be cold in the house once the heat from the furnace cycles off.

There was one window in particular that leaked after installation during the Harvey storm and I was able to add some caulk to the exterior frame/trim and stop the leaking progress.

I have also noted near the electrical outlets it feels 'drafty' and I read on the internet that is normal.

The windows do not leak when it rains now, there seems to be no leak in the roof or the siding...I am not seeing much of a decrease in my electricity bill a I have level billing and it's hard to tell, plus the repairs have not been completed long enough to tell much.

Thoughts?
dubi
AG
You need an inspector with an infra-red camera to see where your house is leaking air.
AgToadie
I agree with Dubi.

Just had a home inspected in Houston by Chuck Evans with Home Cert. While I decided to decline infrared in my case, he offers the Infrared service. I was very pleased by the level of detail and knowledge shown in his inspection, and would expect his infrared work to be just as good.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.