Vinyl Siding

1,638 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AustinCountyAg
victory lapper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've read a good amount online about the pros and cons, but I'm interested in anyone that has a big opinion either way. The majority of my house is brick minus a small part that is hardie plank and we have to relapse a bunch of old rotten wood on our eaves. Trying to make a good decision that will last a long time. Had a contractor come over and he wants to replace all the eaves and trim to make it look nice and uniform. Leaning towards that at this point, but waiting for the proposal to come in.

Any big thoughts?
Gil Renard
AG
https://lpcorp.com/products/siding/lp-smartside-trim-siding/
rancher1953
You will be sorry if going with vinyl. Years ago it was big all over in Houston then everyone found out how bad it was. Those who sell it will tell you it is the next best thing other than going to heaven. A few years later problems happen because of the sun and other elements. You will be left holding the bag and an unhappy homeowner. Do it right and go with hardy plank or siding. They make all sizes you will find one that you like or fit. You can also get the hardi in colors if you want. If a contractor tell you different. Find another contractor.
Gil Renard
AG
Hardie will give you many issues down the road. Make sure they follow the instructions on proper cutting and nailing. Also good paint cause it will fade with Hardie very quick especially with moisture 5-6 years down the road, even the color plus pre finished
p_bubel
My parent's have had vinyl on their home for 25 years now, no issues.

victory lapper
AG
Does the fact that I'm only putting siding on the top corners make a difference? Most of my house is brick so I'm leaning towards vinyl.
Long Live Sully
AG
I have seen vinyl warp.

Compare the costs. What are you being quoted for vinyl? How many square feet?

As someone else mentioned the LP smart siding is a good option.

shalackin
AG
LP Smart Trim is about all we use nowdays from our new custom homes to old remodels.
Snipes
AG
I need to replace facial boards behind gutters and soffit with Hardie plank.

I'm in west Houston.

Any ideas on contractor would be appreciated.
cap-n-jack
How many linear feet do you need replaced?
AustinCountyAg
Bump for looking for a contracting to replace sofftit and vinyl siding as well. Located in Bellville.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.