Whiffle ball in a gutter I can't reach... Ideas?

13,173 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by maddiedou
1208HawkTree
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There is a plastic baseball in one of my second story gutters that I cannot reach even with my tallest ladder. I'm not worried about it clogging anything because it has holes in it and there aren't any nearby tree limbs that high. Problem is that it is right above a window in our guest room and with any wind, it rolls back and forth and is pretty loud, which is especially annoying at night. The roof is pitched really steep in that area so me getting up there to take it out is not an option. Only idea I've come up with so far is to put my blower in the downspout and try to get it when the ball rolls over the opening.

Any other ideas of how to get it out?
Martin Q. Blank
Foamcows
AG
Foamcows
AG

pool stick, duct tape, gutter cleaner
bdgol07
AG
Wrap duct tape backwards around a pole so the sticky side is out and go at it from the ladder or widow
Bassmaster
AG
Throw two more balls up there - one on each side of the current ball. That should keep the current ball from rolling around too much.
FincAg
AG
PVC pipe, a couple PVC elbows, and a leaf blower. Doubles as a decent gutter cleaner as well.
will.mcg
AG
You can't reach it with the window open?
bmc13
AG
a+
Texker
AG
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-Medium-Drain-Bladder-82-976-111/301879205
1208HawkTree
AG
Didn't even consider this because the bathroom window is so small, I just figured I couldn't even lean out of it. Now that I actually looked at where the gutter actually is, it's closer than I thought to that window, so I may be able to concoct some sort of contraption that could do the job.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Rent a taller ladder?
I rented a 24 foot extension from sunbelt for Christmas lights 2 years ago.
maddiedou
AG
I can help you I have a ladder. Text me 979-8two o-l87o

I will do it for free or uou can pay me. Either way I do not mind helping If you cant figure out a way by sat. Give me a text sat. If you are in college station
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.