canvas onings/shades

807 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by civilized05
ChiveOn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't think I'm calling it the right thing...

I just learned the home we bought 2 years ago has hooks and equipment set up to put up canvas onings or coverings over part of the backyard. my guess is to provide a shaded place for kiddos to play as well as shade the Western windows from direct sun

does anyone else have these coverings and where/what did you go with?

EDIT: spelling fail.. I meant awning
Obi Wan Ginobili
I have no clue what an "oning" is, but it might be set up for an awning. You should look into that.
ChiveOn
AG
crap sorry, hadn't had caffeine yet
ChiveOn
AG
i'm pretty sure it's these from Amazon

civilized05
AG
I've got a similar one in my back yard, except it's a 13x16 rectangle and I got if off ebay years back. I don't keep it up all the time as I get lots of wind in the back and I didn't want it tattered after a few months.

With that being said, It's really nice when up and it's cheaper than going through a construction project. I don't think you can go wrong with your amazon link.

I sank two 4x6 posts into the ground about 3' and have the other two hooks into the side of the house. Install takes about 5 minutes. I also use the posts to string outdoor lights around the patio, so it worked for that as well. Make sure you get your anchor points laid out as accurate as possible to minimize the sag. Some sets only come with 2 turnbuckles so I went ahead and picked up two more to account for any misalignment.

All in all I'm happy with it. May do it again when we move.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.