Butcher Block Island

1,563 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by coolerguy12
coolerguy12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm trying to put butcher block on my island the only problem is I'm having a hard time finding the right dimensions. It needs to be about 119" x 47". All I can find at stores is 36" x 72" and 25" x 144". The first option has me buying 3 pieces and the second has me buying 2 with a ton of waste. Plus the 2nd option is crazy expensive from what we have seen. Anyone have a recommendation on how to get this island done?

Located in Houston.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Have agrams build a custom one for ya.

-- I have no idea if he would make a butcher block block for an island but the guy has the best wood working skills.
This message has been approved by Brad, Jerry and Mitch..
coolerguy12
AG
I was hoping to reach out to him but I forgot his handle. Anyone here have a contact for him?
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
coolerguy12 said:

I was hoping to reach out to him but I forgot his handle. Anyone here have a contact for him?

From another thread. He left this email address.

gramswoodworks at gee mail dot com.
coolerguy12
AG
Thanks
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
If it works out, please post some pics. I would love to see what he can do with that much room to work with.
K_P
AG
I got mine from Houston Hardwoods.

I think they can do the glue up to combine like a 36 and 24. I am not sure because all I needed was 36, but we talked about bigger, and I think he offered to do it. Might be worth a call to ask.

BTW, I spend a lot of time researching finish and I have been happy with Waterlox original.
coolerguy12
AG
Thanks for the advice. Managed to find a place that could get me a 25" by 12' so I'll glue and dowel them together. Should have some extra material to make a few cutting boards or something.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.