Need help with sticking shower door

1,183 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Col. Steve Austin
Col. Steve Austin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's dragging on the bottom and on the left side making hard to close. No frame around the glass, screws at top and bottom on hinge side not sure of their function.

TexAg1987
Looks like a problem with the top hinge/pivot. Can you take off the trim piece that runs vertical?
dubi
AG
Quote:

Looks like a problem with the bottom hinge/pivot.
FIFY

We have a shower almost identical at our rent house that had the same problem.

You can use a brass or stainless washer at the bottom right pivot point. You have to basically remove the door to lift it up and put the washer under it.

I think the old washer was plastic and it self destructed.
TexAg1987
The pic looks like the top pivot has come loose. It may be caused by a problem at the bottom as dubi says. You will need to take off the trim either way to fix it correctly.
dubi
AG
TexAg1987 said:

The pic looks like the top pivot has come loose. It may be caused by a problem at the bottom as dubi says. You will need to take off the trim either way to fix it correctly.
Ours was dragging bad and misaligned due to the missing washer. Hopefully the OP has the same easily fixable problem.

It was a PITA to remove all the trim screws to remove the door. 2 person job.

If the top hinge is FUBAR, i'm not sure it will be an easy solution.
Col. Steve Austin
AG
The trim screws are easily removed, I will see if I can pull it apart to have a look.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.