Allergies after a remodel

2,421 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BO297
BO297
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We moved back in from a remodel about a month ago.

Every morning my allergies are going crazy. It was really bad at first and seems to be getting better but slowly. We installed new A/C's during the early portion of the remodel.

We have cleaned the whole house thoroughly several times.

Any suggestions? My wife thinks it's dust in the duct work. But I'm not sure
murphyag
AG
Change all of your air filters every couple of days. Make sure you are using the 3M brand. You can buy them at Lowes or Target. Also, one ir both of you may have some sort of chemical sensitivity to one of the products used in your remodel. Look up Multiple Chemical Sensitivity. Happened many years ago to a friend of mine when they replaced carpet in their home. The carpet had some type of stainguard/scotchguard on it. Made my friend sick for almost a year until her doctor figured out the culprit. I've known other people bothered by paint fumes, drywall dust, off gassing from new materials, etc.
MurphyAG
BO297
Thanks. I'll try the filters first.
Worm01
AG
You should get your ducts professionally cleaned. It will likely cost a couple hundred bucks, but you will notice immediate improvement.
aggiez03
AG
www.cirrusairtech.com

Ask for Brad.....

Will remove all allergens, smells, anything else in the air bothering you.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Check these out. I think these are one of the best products in the A/C Industry

Whitetail
AG
https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docs/81-123/pdfs/0335.pdf

Occupational health guidelines for hydrogen peroxide.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
hmm.. a report from 39 years ago that doesn't really give much useful info -citing sources from over 60 years ago....
- are we trolling?
aggiez03
AG
I wouldn't recommend any system that ADDS something to the air, as then you are going to breathing that into your lungs.

Cirrus Air system makes your indoor environment cleaner by positively charging the particles causing them to attract other particles which eventually gets caught by their super efficient filter. Actually, houses usually come out with air quality better than a Class 100,000 clean room.

They don't add ozone or anything else to the air. there is no maintenance, just change your filter twice a year....

They are based in Houston, but can ship anywhere.

Available now with your new Meritage Home in Houston and Newmark starts selling them on November 1st.
Available aftermarket as well.

And no, I don't work for them. Just friends with a few guys who work there and I have seen the results first hand.
Wodanaz
AG
aggiez03 said:

I wouldn't recommend any system that ADDS something to the air, as then you are going to breathing that into your lungs.

Cirrus Air system makes your indoor environment cleaner by positively charging the particles causing them to attract other particles which eventually gets caught by their super efficient filter. Actually, houses usually come out with air quality better than a Class 100,000 clean room.

They don't add ozone or anything else to the air. there is no maintenance, just change your filter twice a year....

They are based in Houston, but can ship anywhere.

Available now with your new Meritage Home in Houston and Newmark starts selling them on November 1st.
Available aftermarket as well.

And no, I don't work for them. Just friends with a few guys who work there and I have seen the results first hand.

What's the cost on this?
aggiez03
AG
Just came back to this thread, busy weekend....

Special thru end of October - $1,750 Installed in Greater Houston Area

Normal Price is $2,200

Call CirrusAirTech - 713-939-1199, Ask for Brad

If anyone calls, tell them you saw it on Texags, as I am trying to get them to advertise here since
it is the best website around.
Reload8098
AG
BO297 said:

We moved back in from a remodel about a month ago.

Every morning my allergies are going crazy. It was really bad at first and seems to be getting better but slowly. We installed new A/C's during the early portion of the remodel.

We have cleaned the whole house thoroughly several times.

Any suggestions? My wife thinks it's dust in the duct work. But I'm not sure
How old is the duct? When we remodeled we replaced all of the old duct work, not the unit. Unbelievable difference in air quality. In fact it was so efficient we installed a system humidifier because the air was too dry during the winter.
BO297
I can't remember the age. I've done two filter changes and that has made a tremendous difference.

Thanks for all of the replies.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.